Harry’s Chair

 This chair was donated to the Church in 1932 by Mrs Kate Saunders in loving memory of her husband – Mr Harry Hind Saunders.  Harry was a well-known resident of Roma and he died on 2 April 1932 aged 61 years. Harry was born in Roma in 1870 and was Mr James Saunders youngest son, […]

The Church Bell

 Our historic bell was first installed as a church bell in October 1876 at the then Congregational Church in Arthur Street, Roma. The Roma Church of Christ purchased the Congregational Church building and bell in August 1896.  “Western Star” Newspaper 5th January 1907 reads : Big Fire at Roma. Several Buildings Destroyed. The first indication […]

Church Pulpit

The Church Pulpit was presented to the Roma Church of Christ and dedicated to the memory of Mr & Mrs Philip Browne by their nephew and nieces – Will, Alice, Mabel, Ethel and Muriel. Philip Browne spent his early years in the Goondiwindi district, droving & doing general station work.  As a young man he […]

A Blast From the Past

Wooden Sword, Bible Stand and Bible In 2012 Gary & Pam Hine interrupted their Outback Ministry work to stay in Roma for Gary to be our interim Pastor.  The Big Floods hit Roma in February 2012 and Gary and Pam not only helped the Church members who were affected by these floods, but went out […]